If you tend to be the procrastinating type on many of your affairs, auto maintenance in Lansing, MI is one area where you may wish to reconsider that approach. Since maintenance frequently means fewer serious problems later, it can be both time- and cost-effective in the long run. To help you consider this further, here are six reasons to make maintenance a priority:
- Preventative repairs: Maintenance appointments are an opportunity for mechanics to find issues before you experience a catastrophic failure. It is much less expensive to find worn out parts before a breakdown than risk having a failure result in further damage to your engine. This is one way preventative repairs keep more expensive work at bay. Replacing brake pads on schedule, for example, is much less expensive than wearing brakes down to the rotors and needing to replace those as well.
- Improved gas mileage: If you experience a long commute or immerse yourself in weekend warrior activities, it is likely your fuel costs are already a significant part of your budget. In order to reduce this expense, you want your car’s engine to run more efficiently. Paying for a tune up that replaces spark plugs, wires and worn or dirty parts means you burn through less fuel later. This will not only be good for your wallet, but also for the environment.
- Better performance: Cars that are not well maintained will also accelerate slower and handle worse than they should. When you take steps to increase gas mileage, you will also improve the performance of your vehicle and enjoy driving more. Spark plugs, plug wires, distributer caps, ignition rooters, fuel filters, belts and the air filter can all slow down your car when they require cleaning or replacement. You do not have to spend much to replace these items, but once you do, you will be glad you did every time you merge on a highway.
- Longer engine life: A car that lasts longer will delay your need to replace it. If you remove the worn out parts and keep up with maintenance, it will add miles and years to your engine. Like any other machine, cars run better longer when they receive the proper care.
- Reduced emissions: That car in front of you is not a diesel, and yet you just received a windshield full of black smoke. No drivers want this unpleasant experience, and besides, outdoor air quality is also a good thing to support. With the investment in maintenance, your car will run cleaner as well as better.
- Long term cost savings: While we may all cringe at a maintenance or repair bill at times, maintenance is how you create fewer of them in the long run. Taking steps to promote efficiency, performance and air quality means you save more money than you spend on tune-ups. Without maintenance, you are more likely to face a breakdown and need to pay for towing. Major repairs do not sneak up on you as a surprise. The bills you pay for maintenance will always be better than those you could wind up paying for major repairs.
For reliable auto maintenance in Lansing, MI, call PFS Auto Repair. We offer electrical diagnosis and performance tune-ups as well, so we can be your full service auto repair center.